Measuring for Tablecloths
Unlike stores that sell standard, pre-made tablecloths, we custom make your tablecloth so that it fits your table and your lifestyle. In order for us to design the perfect tablecloth for your table, we’ll need to know how you envision it and the "look" you are going for.
While ordering, we’ll ask you for the size of the tablecloth you want. In order to determine the size of your tablecloth, just follow these three easy steps:
1) Determine the length and width of your table in inches. Grab a tape measure and go!
*Quick Tip: The dotted line is the length, and the straight line is the width.
2) Determine your desired drop. Just envision your style!
a. What is a "drop"?
A drop is the amount of cloth that drapes over the edges of your table.
b. How should you decide on your desired drop?
There are several styles to keep in mind when choosing the drop you want:
* The standard look
– casual & classy: If you are looking for an every-day look with practicality, then our designers recommend you go with a drop that hangs 8-10 inches
over the edge of your table. This style works for those who want the beauty and charisma of a custom designed tablecloth but with a more casual, fresh, approachable feel.
* The long look
– formal & fancy: If you are looking for a more formal and elegant look, then our designers recommend that you go with a drop that hangs about 12 inches
over the edge of your table. This style creates a sense of luxuriousness and works best for those that want a fancy feel.
* The longer look
– dramatically defining: If you are designing for a banquet or banquet tables, then our designers suggest you go with the drop that hangs about 15 inches
over the edge of your table. This dramatic style defines the ambiance of a room and is best used for luncheons, weddings, formal dining, restaurants, etc.
* The longest look
– extravagantly floored: If you are decorating for accent tables, buffet tables, or server tables, our designers advise that you go with a drop that hangs 29-30 inches
over the edge of your table all the way to the floor. This flooring style works best for tables that hold food, seating cards, or drinks, or for anyone who wants their dining room table to be draped in the ultimate expression of extravagance. ***Please see special instructions for this particular style below under tips & advice***
Table size is 30W"x72L"; desired drop is 12"
* 12" (drop size) X 2=24"
* Add Width which is 30" + 24 Drop"= 54"
* Add Length which is 72" + 24 Drop "= 96"
* The dimensions you should enter in the order form are: 54W" X 96L"
Measuring Tips & Advice from Quality Tablecloth Design Experts
SQAURE & RECTANGULAR TABLES: If you opt for the "drop-to-the-floor" drop, and your table is square or rectangular, you will need to order a CUSTOM SHAPE because you will need rounded corners (non-rounded corners will drag on the floor). Please call us for more information on how to order "drop-to-the-floor" custom shape at 1-800-379-7237.
OVAL TABLES: If you have an oval shaped table, please compare it to the picture below of our standard oval shape, which is the racetrack oval. If your oval table looks just like our racetrack oval, then please select the OVAL shape option while ordering.
If your oval table does not look like the one below, you will need to pattern your table so that we can create a perfectly even drop for your tablecloth. Please select the CUSTOM SHAPE option while ordering. When ordering a CUSTOM SHAPE, you will need to provide us with a pattern. Please click here to see instructions on how to pattern, below.
Patterning for Tablecloths
Unlike stores that sell standard, pre-made tablecloths, we custom make your tablecloth so that it fits your table and your lifestyle. In order for us to design the perfect tablecloth for your table, we may need you to provide a pattern of your table, depending on the shape.
- If Your table is Round, Square, Rectangular or Racetrack Oval, you will not need a pattern.
- If your table is NOT Round, Square, Rectangular or Racetrack Oval, you will most likely need to pattern your table if you want your cloth to have the same drop all around. While placing your order, please select CUSTOM SHAPE. Once your order is complete, please pattern your table and send in the pattern. If you are not sure if you need a pattern please contact us.
Easy Instructions on How to Pattern Your Table:
Patterning takes under 5 minutes. You will need a piece of paper, a crayon, and a few heavy books or objects.
- If your table has a split down the middle, please line the piece of paper up with the split in the table (the place where the two halves meet). We will only need you to trace ˝ of your table. If there is no split, we will need for you to trace a little more than half the table.
- Secure pattern paper to table using several heavy books to prevent sliding or wrinkling.
- Trace the outline of the table (flat surface only) with the flat side (not the point) of a pencil or dark crayon.
- Please be sure to write your name, address, and phone number on the paper. Also please write the length and width of your table.
If you need pattern paper, or need help with patterning your table, please call us at 1-800-379-7237 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .